Listen / Buy - at our Bandcamp and major digital music services worldwide.
Before Chicago’s The Poison Arrows became a full band, singer/guitarist/keyboardist Justin Sinkovich was experimenting solo with electronics and noise under the same name. He played a handful of shows locally and on a short tour of the East Coast. He mainly locked himself into his home studio and recorded. The tracks ended up on a couple of compilations, and the ‘Trailer Park EP’ released in 2004 on File 13 Records. A remix album called ‘Premix’ was released on in 2006 featuring remixers like Martin Rev, Brian Deck, and Jonah Sharp preceding the to-be debut album. Short videos accompanied each remix as well. That debut solo album never came out. Instead, The Poison Arrows became a band, released their first EP in 2007, and began touring and releasing music until going on hiatus in 2010. The solo tracks sat on hard drives with some complete, and some in pieces. Justin remained active in contributing electronic production for The Poison Arrows as a trio, and occasionally worked on a solo song.
Since The Poison Arrows the band has reactivated in 2015, File 13 took this opportunity to compile ‘Forever Era,’ a collection of the old solo work. It shows a variety of noisy medium-fi electronic directions. The album is being released in our digital store, plus major digital music services on August 21, Justin’s birthday.
- Gin Hospital - unreleased album version (remix version by Sterling on ‘Premix’)
- Signs Not Symbols – album version, released on a German compilation in 2005
- Sad Javelin – an instrumental, completed in 2011 making it the newest track in the collection
- Never Catch Fire – recorded in the sessions for the band’s second LP ‘Newfound Resolutions’ in 2009. This song was recorded in tandem to a similar sounding track that the band completed on the album entitled ‘Popular Look’
- Citi Sno - Prethesis Mix – unreleased album track edited down for release on a San Francisco compilation in 2005 (remix by Brian Deck appeared on ‘Premix’)
- Stagger Out – unreleased album track
- Trailer Park – title track from the 2004 EP (remix by Martin Rev appeared on ‘Premix’)
- We Take – from the ‘Trailer Park EP’ (remixed by Jonah Sharp and also Mike Lust, both versions appeared on ‘Premix’)
- Bad Data Trip – from the ‘Trailer Park EP’ (remixed by Slo-Ro for ‘Premix’)
- Three Degrees – unreleased and incomplete album track (remix by N.Lannon on ‘Premix’)
- White Beautiful Funeral – unreleased album track
- What Gets Sent - unreleased album track (remixed by Jonathan Kreinik for ‘Premix’)
- Noneself – unreleased album version (remix and vocals by Brother El called “Oneself” on ‘Premix’)
- Dead Fucking Wrong – unreleased track with Adam Reach from The Poison Arrows on drums. This track’s session eventually led to the formation of the full band.
- Citi Sno - Album Version – the full unedited version of the unreleased album track
- Window Seat – unreleased album version (remix by DJ? Acucrack on ‘Premix’)